Thursday 3 January 2008

finally the world has come to a small shed in blackpool

its taken its time i have to say. the shed (or the studio as i like to call it) has been on the brink of wireless connection for some time, now it's dreams are to be finally realised, i will be able to work hard and post what i create the very same night, from the very same spot in whatever state i am in. i gave a big sigh of releif when the moment came. to be honest i wasnt looking forward to hearing another asian voice on the other end of the line, i had visions of a conversation full of "I'M SORRY-WHAT??" and "YOU'LL HAVE SAY THAT AGAIN I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND" but i was wong, the accent was slighlty off and she kept saying things like "Yeeeeaaahhh??" but what a bang on gal. she worked me through some areas of the computer i have never dared go into and did it with ease and style.
i'm not a racist man, i just find it hard to talk to people who's english is broken while theyre trying to help me. i get frustrated at me not them.
but anyway, as i write from my (cold) studio i salute the men and women trying to make a better life for them and their families by talking to idiots like me on a premium rate phone line.
maybe a crash course in computers would have been cheaper.

No comments: